You should buy toys for a puppy in different types, so you can switch them when your puppy ruins them.
Here are the instructions for you.
You should know every puppies love to chew. If you don't give them the appropriate chewing toys. They will begin to chew your furniture instead.
- Buy at least 5 types of toys. If your puppy is bored, you can switch them for her.
- Choose toys that are made especially for dogs, not toys for children or cats.
- You can buy some squeak toys that are made of vinyl for your puppy, but make sure she will not be able to bite them in several small pieces and swallow them.
- If it's possible, you should buy the fleece toys, because they are soft and warm. Your puppy will love them a lot, but you should be sure the pieces of fleece will not come off.
- Try to choose toys that are big enough that your puppy can't swallow, but small enough for her to carry them. The toys that are smaller than a ping-pong ball are too small.
- Give your puppy some rawhide chews or Nylabones for a change, because she can chew and eat them safely.
- You should know toys that are made of ropes are the excellent choice, because your puppy can hardly ruin them and the ropes act just like dental floss on your puppy's teeth.
- You should understand that while puppies appreciate canvas toys because they are soft, but they are easy to ruin by steady chewing.
- Buy a ball for your puppy to chase around the house - inside and outside. A large ball that has handle will easy for you to throw and for the puppy to bring back.
- The toys will cost between 1 to 15 dollars.
- You should keep in mind that the puppies will ruin most of the toys.
Warnings and Tips
- You should buy some holiday toys for your puppy. You will see that they are available in many types, such as Santa Clause, Reindeer and Candy Canes.
- You can buy toys at pet shops or online pet shops
- Don't forget, sometimes a stick is the best toy.
- Never leave children's toys in the places that the puppy can get them because they can dangerous by choking your puppy.
- Throw away torn toys or toys that begin to come apart because these pieces may choke your puppy.